On my recent blog regarding Contact Lens Health Week I neglected to include the link to the videos on the CDC site even though I provided the link to the videos from AAO.
The following link takes you to the CDC videos about patient stories: https://www.cdc.gov/contactlenses/videos.html. I think these personal stories, which tell about the consequences experienced when not following guidelines, would be a great tool for preventing poor habits to form. Four of the videos listed are less than 3 minutes in length. The fifth video listed is under 5 minutes. I hope you tune in to view them and consider including the younger members of your family when you do. Make it a teaching moment!
- Ryan’s Story – Water and Contacts Don’t Mix
- Te’s Story – Don’t Sleep in Contacts
- Whitney’s Story –Keep Water Away from Contacts
- Patient Story – Jim – Improper storage lead to infection and vision loss plus the wait for a corneal transplant
- General Contact Lens Use – CDC Dr. Jennifer Cope